Monday, October 29, 2012

Random Review 2 - Star Trek Reboot

 

With the new Star Trek Into Darkness release looming in May 2013, I can't resist the urge to say how much I'm looking forward to seeing it. I don't think they've produced anything 'Star Trek' I haven't liked but the re-brand seemed to strike new levels of poignancy, humor, and even romance never before seen in the franchise. 

I think they did a great job with linking the 'old' with the 'new'. I mean, what Trekkie wouldn't buy off on a 'time travel back to a parallel universe' plot twist?

And an introduction sequence to James T Kirk featuring Sabotage by the Beastie Boys... Fantastic. And the image of driving a 1960's Corvette off the cliff (the idea being that the old 60's style star trek is going bye-bye...) AND wrapping in a William Shatner pronunciation of the word that was ... unique? Great. You only need to hear the first 2-5 seconds of the video below to hear it for yourself but it's humorous to hang around until 28-ish seconds.

 

Anyway - looking forward to it!



No comments:

Post a Comment